Thursday 27 January 2011

Artwork choices made:

In making my final album cover, I made sure that i used the conventions of a typical pop album from my research. I used the program "Photoshop" in order to design my album cover. I decided to chose this program as it allowed me to edit the image of the artist and add text in order to use similar conventions.

I took many different poses of the artist. I chose this particular image of the artist as the background of where the artist is standing is white. Therefore, this would allow me to change the image as much as i like. Also, this pose of the artist shows her personality of being full of attitude and fashionable, which is reflected through her music.

This is also emphasised through the font of the artists name, which i chose to be in a bold, slanted font in to give the impression of it being the artists signature. This would give the album a personal feel to it whilst the colour is in a bright purple colour to link to the light, girly colours.

I chose to desaturate the image so that the full image is black and white, giving the album a simple and allowing the audience to recognise the album to be in the genre of pop (as below). The program also allowed me to make another layer of the image, which would allow me to delete the black and white layer, allowing the colour of the colour image to come through.

I felt that these choices were important in giving the message of the artist wanting to be solely focused on by the audience and that there is a sense of uniqueness from this particular music artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment