Tuesday 25 January 2011

Planning the layout of my album cover:

I am currently planning the layout of the album cover that I need to design for my artist, Violet Rowe. As I am planning how to structure my album cover, I am looking back at the album covers that I have researched previously in order to follow conventions and codes that would be expected. As I am advertising a whole song from the artist, I have decided to make the album an LP so that the album have lots of different songs, but the song "Kiss n Tell" will be the exclusive song of the album.

I will design the front cover, the back cover and the spine of the cover:

Front Cover:
- Artist name
- Album name
- Main image of artist/symbol of some sort to make the audience recognise the artist

Back Cover:
- The names of the different songs on the album
- Another image/design of the back similar to the front
- Name of the producers of the album - production team, members of the band/artist

Spine:
- Contains the name of the artist
- Name of the album
- Allows the audience to identify the artist quickly

No comments:

Post a Comment