Thursday 27 January 2011

Choices made during the artwork construction:

Having picked the design that i am going to use for the front of my album cover, i am starting to configure the layout of the album cover. I have already started the first draft of my album cover idea that i feel the most happiest about.

Choices:
I decided to make the picture black and white instead of leaving it in colour. This is because i felt that i could make the features of the artist stand out, such as her flower, lips, the glitter on her face and her eyes. I felt that by doing this, it would appeal to the audience's psychography where young girls are going to be interested in fashion and unusual things in music, through representation of the artist in order to reflect the social group that the genre is aiming to appeal to. Also, the pink and the glitter of the artists image also links closely to the colour theme of dark purple.

Decisions in the future:
I have asked lots of people in the age category of 14 - 19 year olds of their opinion of the first draft and they have suggested that i make the image of the artist bigger than it is now. They suggested that by making it bigger, the audience will be able to focus on the artist and it also gets rid of the grey background.

Second draft:
As you can see, i have enlarged the image of the artist considerably, from the decision from the last draft. I have also decided to also change the font of the artists and album name into a more distinctive font. I have gone through an array of different fonts and i felt that this one i have used in this draft is the most distinctive and eye catching for the audience to spot. Also, i felt that the dark purple ties in with font nicely.

Decisions in the future:
Once again, i have shown people of the similar target audience the second draft. They have suggested that i make the name of the artist darker or bolder with the effects. They said that they felt that the text was not very clear when put against the image. Therefore, i have made sure that in my final draft, i will make the writing bolder and more defined.

Final draft:
Below, i have made this album design my final draft for the front of my album cover. However, a considerable change that i have made is making the album a full album instead of just an EP album with only a few songs. I felt that this would allow me to advertise the main single "Kiss N Tell" and it would also allow me to show the audience the other songs that the artist has made, reflecting how the theme of her feistiness and no nonsense attitude is portrayed in her songs. Therefore, i have made an album name and have also included an exclusivity icon at the top, advertising the single "Kiss N Tell".

No comments:

Post a Comment