Friday 28 January 2011

Picking the suitable album cover idea:

I have decided that idea 3 of my album cover designs would be the most effective. This is because I feel that the conventions used are effective and that they all link together specifically. With this design, I felt that it gave the album cover and artist an odd feel to it and a design which would not be found on ordinary pop album covers.

I have made sure there are typical album conventions such as
- Logo of the artist
- Main image that is focused on the artist
- Name of the artist/album
- Theme of the album (colour)

Overall, the colour scheme links well, with the colours being mainly pink, purple and white to give it a feminine feel, which will appeal to the audience of young girls from the age of 14 - 19 years old. Also, the album is typical of the genre of pop as the image is greyscale and the layout is simple in order to revolve around the artist and the single. Other artists that use the grey scale image and focuses on their face is "Diana Vickers", Lady Gaga" and "Pixie Lott".

My album cover:


No comments:

Post a Comment